Pages

Joan of Arc Graces Claire's Arm


I ran into Claire, a musician and artist, on 5th Avenue in Bay Ridge last weekend, as we were both walking in the direction of 86th Street. She had some amazingly colorful and vivid tattoos on her arms, the one above included, and I couldn't help but stop and talk to her.

Claire studied art history at the University of North Texas and currently works at the Guggenheim Museum in Manhattan. She admires Joan of Arc as an amazing historic figure and this incredible stained glass piece provided inspiration for the tattoo:


I haven't been able to locate where this is (the photo above is from a PBS piece on the Joan of Arc Phenomenon), but I believe it to be the source material from which the tattoo was adapted.

The piece was inked by Denise de la Cerda, whose work can be seen at www.ChicksDigTattoos.com.

Thanks to Claire for sharing her awesome Joan of Arc tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

{ 0 comments... Skip ke Comment box }

Add Your Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio